Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Joe On-Demand

If, like me, you're doomed for a career in advertising for the rest of your life, one just couldn't avoid the occasional phrase "damn, wish I had thought of it first!", which happened to me when stumbling upon this one thru Radical Trust's. Especially when you're in the midst of setting up a similar kind of agency. A brilliant piece of copywriting, indeed. Hey, but isn't the guy looked like Tom Sizemore? Anywho, the ad reads:

Don’t call me. I’ll call you.
I Say: Search and ye shall find.
You can come to me. But more likely, I’ll come to you.
I’m unpredictable. I know what I want.
I buy a lot of stuff.
I am not my mom & dad.
I’m already overwhelmed – don’t push me.
My phone means more to me than my TV. So does my PC. So does my best friend.
I’m a hunter and gatherer.
I have very little time for you.
I have all the time in the world.
And I buy a lot of stuff.
I’m not listening (la la la la)
I’m smarter than you think.
I don’t expect a lot. I demand a hell of a lot.
I love to be amused. Surprised. Respected.
Did I mention I buy a lot of stuff?

MEET JOE ON-DEMAND
the opt-in consumer who doesn’t care about the way things used to be.
Forget what you know about the average consumer. Times have changed, and so have they.

Have you?

No comments: